Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"We learn new things everyday."

That's like amazingly true.. haha. Decided to try the "drop-by-the-clubhouse" routine today. Well, i was supposed to go there anyway to practice Huihui's song for the upcoming Monthly Performance. The thing is that practice starts at 4 p.m., and my French class ends at 12 p.m.. Bummer..

Well, it did gave me time to practice 'Moonlight Sonata' on the keyboard. Don't misunderstand, I do not fully know how to read a musical score, especially a classical one like that. I just asked my friends to read it for me and i would write down the keys to press on a notebook. This makes playing easier for me. Kinda cheating if you asked me.. haha. Anyways, i could play the beginning part of the song pretty smooth now without pausing too much to find the next chords to play. Now i need to wait until the i get the chance to translate the next part of the piece.

Oh, about the "learning new stuffs everyday" thingy, thats wasn't it. This is it. Gary was practicing his song after Huihui was done with hers. I have no idea why, but i had asked Steve, the person re-arranging Gary's song melody, for the new chords to Gary's song (which, i had to manually find the right chords 'cause Steve was playing the song after he transposed the keys done by 2). After that, for the second time of not knowing why, i picked up the bass and played the chords. Of course, it wasn't that smooth as i wasn't sure how to change from chord to chord, and i had to stop every now and then to ask Maxwell where to press what for the chord, but i did managed to get the hang of it. Hopefully i'll get better along the way.. lolzers

Bassist wannabe.. (x